What is Flintshire Housing Solutions?
Housing Solutions is service provided by Flintshire County Council in partnership with housing and associated service providers across Flintshire. What do they do? Flintshire Housing Solutions are here to help and advise you on the best options for your housing needs and issues. Flintshire Housing solutions is a gateway to accommodation providers, support services, and advice services in Flintshire including access to social housing across Flintshire.
How does it work?
You can access advice by telephone on 01352 703777 or by calling into a Flintshire Connects Centre (located in Flint, Holywell, Connah’s Quay, Mold and Buckley). No matter how you contact us, our staff will take the time to understand the needs of your household and inform you of housing solutions, advice and services that you can access and in most cases (and with your consent) refer you on directly, saving you the effort of contacting them and providing them with your information again.
What issues can they advise on?
Housing solutions covers the following issues:
- Accommodation required due to work
- Accommodation support
- Affordability/bedroom tax
- Affordable home ownership
- Anti-social Behavior
- Downsizing/retirement homes
- Financial Hardship
- Fleeing Domestic Violence
- Leaving armed forces
- Leaving Care
- Loss of home due to disaster
- Medical needs
- Need to move to give or receive care
- Quality of accommodation
- Threat or loss of accommodation
What can they provide?
Housing solutions provides access to the following:
- The common housing register - application for social housing across all providers in the county
- Access to homelessness services and housing options
- Access to the bond scheme to help those people who do not have a deposit to access private housing
- Access to supported accommodation, supporting people and accommodation support services
- Access to the welfare rights and the money advice service
- Access to affordable home ownership schemes and affordable rental schemes
- Options for downsizing into retirement/sheltered accommodation
- Referrals to social services for extra care housing schemes
If you feel you would benefit from our services please contact Housing Solutions on 01352 70 3777 or call into one the Flintshire Connects Centres for free and impartial advice.